3.14.2009

A Streetcar Named Desire

It's my turn to run the Weekend Reel on campus and we're playing A Streetcar Named Desire, which I haven't seen. Marlon Brando is fabulous, by the way! All of the lovely vintage clothing and jewelry remind me of a pair of earrings my friend E found online at NEST.










How gorgeous are these?? I'm jealous of her find!









I would encourage all lovers of etsy to check out NEST because it's a nonprofit company that supports domestic artists and also serves as a micro-loan agency for female artisans abroad in the developing world. I had the opportunity to spend the evening with the founder, Rebecca Kousky, and was blown away by her ambition and accomplishment at such a young age -- I can only hope to make such a difference in our world!



I hope everyone's weekend is going well thus far and that your weather is better than the cold, rainy weather here! I'll leave you with this quote from the movie:


"A woman's charm is 50% illusion."
-- Vivien Leigh as Blanche DuBois

No comments: