12.16.2009

Artistic Gold Mine



Ryan Berkley: "...likes animals, comics, and his markers individually and collectively. He lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife and their ceramic roadrunner, Winston."



Dan-ah Kim: "...is a Brooklyn based artist and designer who freelances in film, televsion, and illustration. A graduate of Pratt Institute, she works in the art department of film and commercial sets, as well as making personal art. Her paintings and mixed media pieces have shown with galleries in California, Chicago, and New York."



Melissa Moss: "I used to take the slow lane into work. I didn't care if I was inhaling the fumes of a semi if it meant I would get to work later. Each day my soul seemed a little heavier. In 2002, my amazing husband helped me realize that not only was I miserable at work, I was miserable just thinking about going back. So after a few freak outs, I left the publishing world to study color psychology and during my course work, discovered my true passion: painting. Color is my primary artistic element. I've studied the meanings and associations of colors and their subtle shades and tones and use this knowledge to convey the mood of each painting. After living in Chicago and New York, I'm currently happy living in sunny Los Angeles."

I'm loving Little Paper Planes and all of the artists I'm discovering! Go, explore, buy!

No comments: