7.24.2009

When I Grow Up

Inspired by this post, I started reminiscing about the "when I grow up, my house will have _____" moments from my childhood. Even though I wasn't much of a girly-girl growing up, I always thought about the future as a Mom with a house -- don't all little girls? A friend of mine had a window seat and since the first time I saw it, I knew I wanted one. A window seat and a balcony were two house features that I wasn't budging on. Maybe I loved these two things because with them you can be as close to sitting on grass as possible while in the safety of your own home. I've always loved being near nature or surrounded by nature more than being in nature... weird? I think so, too, but I am what I am! Example: I'm destined to live near water, but I don't have a strong desire to be in the ocean, lake, or bay {I do love puddles and streams though!}.

As I've grown up, my tastes clearly evolved beyond little girl fantasies, but I think I'll always want a window seat and balcony. And I've added a few more things to my wish list, too:

An English-stlye garden {or at least rustic and a little unruly}

A fabulous closet {Cher's closet in Clueless used to be my dream, but now I'm a little more refined..}

And great, big built-ins!

I know I'm not the only little girl who thought about this stuff... what were your grown-up must-haves and/or did you get your wish??

No comments: